Thursday, June 10, 2010

what a bitter sweet day! I'm in the airport blogging from my iPod . Today we woke up very early for our safari. It was dark and rainy when we left for Nairobi national. The vans we've been using the whole trip have super powers. The roof pops up for safaris. We loved hanging out of the top. We saw a giraffe, antelope, monkey, jackal, ostrich, water buffalo. We also saw other birds and bugs. The plains were just as beautiful as I imagined. I enjoyed the gentle breeze on top on the car and hearing the birds. The adventure was also thrilling with bumpy hills that tested the strength of our vans.we didn't see anything unusual but the experience was perfect. We saw lots of poop and carefully crossed wooden bridges. We did it all... And yes we sang lion king. Afterwards we went to kizuri jewelry and then ate Chinese food again. We had a sweet time encouraging one another and praying before heading in the insane Kenya traffic to the airport. We said goodbye to our Hawaii teammates since their plane left early. Parting is sad! Aboutto board planein an hour I'd so. Sorry this is unorganized!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lala,
I decided to write in case you blog on your Ipod in London. We can't wait to meet you in the Atlanta airport! We are planning on spending the night in Atlanta at that same hotel. You will get in too late to eat Brazilian steak - too bad. Call me when you land in DC.
I want to go on a safari, but you know you didn't have to go all the way to Africa to see the things you saw. We have birds, bugs, and... in the backyard. I'll borrow someone's golf cart and take you on a tour when you come back to Dothan. I'll even let you sing Lion King songs on the tour.
Be careful in London. I wish you could get out of the airport and tour a little. It seems crazy to be so close and see nothing, but that's just the life of a traveler.
"Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift from God." Ecc. 5:19 Parker's verse
This verse seemed appropriate for someone returning to a world of wealth and possessions. I like this verse because being happy in your work is not always easy, but if you realize how blessed you are to have work to do - whatever it might be - you should be able to find happiness there. Remember Africa - from all you've said the people have the gift of happiness in the worst of situations.
I love you,
Mamma

Valentina said...

Laurin,
I am so proud of you!
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness". 2 corinthians 12:9
Love you,
Mrs. Adams

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 HERE COMES THE SUN.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.