Monday, May 24, 2010

Down to the final stretch and about to burst with excitement!

We ran around town this week gathering the last minute things I needed for the trip (art supplies for the schools and orphanages, clothes that are appropriate for their culture, and...... pepto bismol... lots of it) :) I felt bad for my family and Nick as we swarmed through the Walmart aisles.

As we were shopping at walmart my mom and grandmother were in the food section looking for snacks. They kept urging me to get FiberOne and Nutrigrain bars. I quickly responded, "I'm going to Africa... I don't think I will need any fiber." Sorry.. maybe that is t.m.i

Every week we have had a teleconference with our team members. It's rather strange that we have never seen each other before. I guess that'll be interesting finding everyone in the airport. But hey... it adds to the adventure! Bring it.

May 29th. I can't help but dance in circles around the kitchen because in one week we will experience joyous souls dancing with hope in the midst of famine, disease, and poverty. Humbling? absolutely.

Swahili word of the day: Rafiki=Friend

Prayers: Safe and smooth travels

Africa Trip from mike lewis on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Kendall Clark said...

Don't forget Activia :)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 HERE COMES THE SUN.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.