Thursday, May 27, 2010

So you know how I was telling you about the British Airways strike? They figured it out for us! GOD IS GOOD!

This was what Cameron and I were going to have to do:

drive to Atlanta, fly to DC, get a taxi from Dulles airport in DC to the Reagan in DC,fly to JFK in NYC, fly to London, and then fly to Nairobi.

The thought of two college girls navigating through 5 airports and the Capitol of the USA in one day alone would have been an exhilarating and most likely hilarious adventure. Lots of laughter, lots of food, lots of "how do you get to terminal a", and lots of hustlin' to baggage claim.

I am a little sad that we don't get to laugh about this travel experience, but a shorter flight time is rockin'.

Now we just go straight to DC to London (hoping to sneak out of airport to say hi to Big Ben and sing a Beatles song). What a blessing! We will arrive in Nairobi May 30. There's no tellin' how many peanut bags and ginger ale cans will be emptied by then. For some reason ginger ale is better on an airplane.

I am sitting in my grandparents house after a big day of packing. They have been so great to help out. My mom is driving up here and my dad is already working in the Ham, so my parents and I will leave tomorrow for Atlanta.

I am attempting to make headbands that Amanda Claire taught me how to do so I can wear some and give some to the girls. AC, praying for your summer at Winnshape!

Swahli words (i forgot on the last post)
1. Jambo= hello
2. Hakuna Matata= No Problem ("it's a problem free... philosophy..." get it?)

Prayers: There is a woman who runs a school/day care for orphans in Kitui. I do not know her name yet, but I will get back with you. She has selflessly given and poured into these children. It's on my heart to lift her up today!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Laurin, thanks so much for including us in your blog! We are excited for your upcoming adventure. Most importantly we'll be praying for you daily! God is going to use you mightily for His glory and Kingdom purposes because you are a willing vessel! Amen! Love you bunches! Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

Hey Wookie,
I finally figured this thing out. Man, it was hard to let you walk off alone knowing you would be traveling around the world. Someday, I'm going to make that trip myself. I'm so excited for you, and I can't wait for you to come home and tell me all about it. I watched the video. I want my next teaching job to be in Africa. Maybe, Daddy can get another transfer to Kenya, and Zac can find that brother he's always wanted. I really don't want him to start a new school alone. My kids memorized promises this year, so I'm going to share some with you. I love you, and I'm so glad this dream is coming true for you.
This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. I Timothy 4:9-10 Rebecca's verse Praying constantly, Momma

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 HERE COMES THE SUN.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.